Welcome To Ksquared Builders

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Hackers on the Prowl!

Contractors and Builders Beware!

Spammers are getting very personal and crafty with their phishing emails.

I received this email yesterday
"Hello,

I got your email contact on your website, I would like to build a new home in a couple of months time, would your company be capable of taking on this project for me? Please let me, I look forward to your prompt reply.


Best Regards
James Miller"

Thinking this was real, I responded and then recieved this email.
"Hello Dale,

Thank you for your reply, I would like to build a new family home for a change in living style. I have compiled all the details about the type of home, location, budget, number rooms and bathrooms, e.t.c on the Google Doc I have included in this email. Please review and let me know if your company can take on the project. 


I look forward to your reply.

Thanks

James Miller"

Again, thinking this was real, I clicked on the link which took me to my Google Doc sign in...which I stupidly did, not noticing that this was the link at the top of the page. http://toys-story.ro/galben/css/share/2015/

Luckily, Google is on alert and when I got up this morning, had a message asking if I had signed in from a different location, which I hadn't. I immediately changed my password and so far, have not had any indication of problems. Holding my breath...

One access was from St . Charles, MD and the next...Nigeria.

Not all is what it seems, so take it from me...always look at the address bar, and never click an unknown link.

Be safe,
Dale Kramer

No comments:

Post a Comment